Pages

Monday, February 20, 2012

What Happens on February 14th?

While many couples celebrate the so called "Valentines Day" and its tradition becomes a trend where:
  • some boyfriends secretly arranged dining reservation;
  • some ladies receives chocolates and flowers from their lovey-dovey;
  • some hubbies are amused of special greeting card or token sent by their wives;
  • some couples are delighted to exchange their love gestures;
Thus, are inspired to look great for the anticipated romantic rendezvous.

Certainly, the cake on the icing is pleasing in the eyes, taste so sweet!
Then the coin were tossed. It sets upside-down.
So let's take a look of the other side of the coin.


Often overlooked, the day is also marked a "day of brokenness, heartache and emptiness":
  • of a single mom laid by heavy burdens chose to extend long hours of work;
  • of an old widow sitting on his rocker in tears of remembering his companion;
  • of a lonely single woman who among her friends with boyfriend, fiance or husband;
  • of a couple who co-exits without spark of passion.
  • of a bachelor man several times finds heart broken;
  • of a son who has deep longing of attention from his parents.
Why the love gestures had simply faded?

There is a love the never goes out of season. A love that never expires, nor fade. A love that is deliberately in deep commitment, for good and bad, for better and worst, for beauty and beastly, for health and sickness, for grief and gladness. A love that is everlasting.
Madeleine L’Engle writes: “One of our children when he was two or three years old used to rush at me when he had been naughty, and beat against me, and what he wanted by this monstrous behavior was an affirmation of love. And I would put my arms around him and hold him very tight until the dragon was gone and the loving small boy had returned. So God does with me. I strike out at him in pain and fear and He holds me under the shadow of His wings. Sometimes He appears to me to be so unreasonable that I think I cannot live with Him, but I know that I cannot live without Him.
The same gesture is the Father's love to us. Sometimes we ran to Him, albeit strike Him of our fears, pain and blame the unreasonable things happening in our life. No matter how our reaction is, like of a naughty boy who draw near to Him; His compassion constantly embrace us until His goodness rest in us. 
"I have love you with an everlasting love. I have drawn you with loving-kindness."           Jeremiah 31:3

No comments:

Post a Comment