Pages

Monday, February 13, 2012

Things Never Taught in School



We learned a lot from school. It is the first social environment we evolve to deal with other people, to try new things, to test one's self-worth, to be accepted and also learn from simple mistakes. As I look back from those younger years spent in the classroom, I begin to contemplate.
  • What did I learned?
  • What did I miss to know?
  • What is taught, and what is not?
Boy, viewing from the top of the hill, I could say, I have figured that out too. From the past experience, I couldn't recall any mathematical equation would solve my money problem. Either could I apply a simple theory from psychology when once in my life I was emotionally distressed. Neither could I apply some principles of philosophy to be wise so that I could be a better person. Both past and present curriculum focus so much on intellectual knowledge.

Later, after graduation, you'll understand life is entirely different; like moving to a new planet of unknown.  

Seriously, what are the things we never been taught of, or learned from classroom?

I actually posted  this question in my FB stats and here's the few answer I gathered:
  • How to handle money wisely?
  • How to be person of self-confidence?
  • How to raise a family?
During my time, there's no direct subject relevant to these questions:
  • How to be a good person?
  • How to overcome problems?
  • How to fight adversaries?
  • How to handle intrigues?
  • How to tame the tongue?
  • How to choose to lifetime partner?
  • How to become a good parent?
  • How to become successful person?
  • How to live a life pleasing to God?
  • How to live life to the fullest?
  • And so on and so forth....
Kudos to World Wide Web, you can actually Google search these facts. You may even find articles answering these questions. But again, the question is, "How would you apply it to yourself?" Even the most reputed school or universities cannot warranty to solve any insufficiency of man. 
 
Viewing from the hilltop, I consider the value of experience. The experience that lead me to know the divine truth. A wisdom that surpasses human wisdom. It is all in one book. The Bible, a God's blueprint of mankind. Therefore, what is not taught in the classroom can be learned from the school of life.
"All scripture is God-breathed and is useful for teaching, rebuking, correcting and training in righteousness."    (2 Timothy 2:16)
"Do not let the book of law depart from your mouth; meditate on it day and night, so that you may be careful to do everything written in it. Then you will be PROSPEROUS and SUCCESSFUL."      (Joshua 1:8)

No comments:

Post a Comment