Pages

Tuesday, January 31, 2012

Sandstorm Memory Lane


Common people would find sandstorm unpredictable. We may not know unless it happens. Nowadays, sandstorm can be forecast-ed because of the improved technology. 

Today, the grandmother city of the Kingdom is having a sandstorm. I’m thankful it’s moderate as it seems. I can still view big structures and the streets. Uh-oh, that was an hour ago. Now, it’s foggier! The sky looks nostalgic which drives me on to memory of a milestone.

I had my first sandstorm experience in Doha way back 5 years. It was memorable. I was assigned to work with a consulting team for Project Hilton Hotel. That time was the peak of construction. The team do regular rounds on site every morning. But that day was different, my colleagues and I went outdoor to take pictures in the midst of sandstorm. It isn’t bad at all! I thought it was literally raining sand like a typical one back home, lols! I was surprised that the sandstorm was as fine as a flour.

Below are few photos of my first sandstorm memories: 
My first sight of sandstorm in Doha City.
A frenzy feeling of a child out on the first rain, err, sandstorm!

I played on this a bit, I forget I was suppose to show sandstorm on site.

I was clueless about sandstorms way back many years. Until I set foot on 2007 to the land of vast sandbox, the Middle East. From there, I started embracing a new way of life including its climate and the sandstorm in particular. 

No comments:

Post a Comment